Friday, October 21, 2011

I had to put this on here.

It is time for the big long summary-of-the-concert blog.
I'll start with Friday because the rest of last week is pretty much an unimportant blur now. All I remember is working on Monday 4-8, which wasn't bad because Dawn and Chris left at like 5 and Jason was closing, watching Pretty Little Liars and 9LCK in my room on Tuesday [really, Chloe should just end this whole thing with Hastings- I mean "Brian"- because they have absolutely no chemistry, and be with Alyec, which I guess is how his name is spelled in the books. Oh and also, go Spoby.], cutting our shirts on Wednesday I think, and watching Wipeout on Thursday.
So, Friday I got up at 9:30 and took a shower and stuff, our mom got us McDonald's for breakfast, and then we left around 11. There was traffic around the Lee outlets so it took us about an hour to go five GPS-minutes. During the traffic we ended up making friends with a truck full of guys we named Taco (the Mexican), Wigwam (the Indian/Native American), and Pocket Protector (the geek). PP was very excited to see us, but Taco gave us the creeps.
We got to the hotel around 3:30ish and then decided to make a spontaneous trip to Boston, forgetting that we were supposed to go see Cars 2. I actually think that was Toni's plan all along, to do something other than go to the movies, because Mike insisted that she could not see it without him. Whatevs, Boston was more fun and honestly I wasn't all that interested in seeing Cars 2 in theater.
It ended up being a not-so-spontaneous trip because we had to call the shuttle to come get us, and then wait at the train station not quite knowing when the train to Boston would come, and then take the train to Boston. After making like 4 other stops, of course. It took a long time. By the time we got to Boston we were starving and still had to find our way to the Hard Rock Cafe on foot. After Google Mapping it and asking a professional-looking Bostonian, we managed to locate Quincy Market. Then we asked a cop which side the Hard Rock Cafe was on (we totally

could've found it if we had just turned the right corner). I remember how long our food took, but they gave us the perfect amount of fries. Except they put onions in my mom's salad and tekkeybugga (turkey burger), so she had to get another one, and I think they almost forgot to bring out Toni's dinner-- which would've been bad considering it cost $19.50. After that I got a hot fudge brownie sundae, which was delicious and rapid-melting, and Shaune got a regular hot fudge sundae. We couldn't finish the whole things.
After dinner we took some pictures of the pretty lit trees outside the Hard Rock and walked back to South Station. It was easier to find our way back, except colder too. The Boston wind never fails to greet us when we visit.

At the station we had to wait for the Providence train, which would stop in Mansfield (the station we left from), so we got hot chocolate from McDonald's and sat at a table for what seemed like a long time. I don't really know how long it was. The train came at like 10:35 or something and they made us move to a less comfortable car after we sat down. Oh and also there was a guy who kept biting his fingernails and then sniffing them. ??????
When we finally got back to the Mansfield station, we called the shuttle to come pick us up, only they said it might be a while because there was a Peter Gabriel concert that night, so they gave us the number to a taxi that might be able to bring us back to the hotel. The taxi guy said he'd call us when there was a car available, so we were stuck waiting at the station. Eventually we decided to just walk back to the hotel. We got about halfway there when the taxi guy called and said he could pick us up, so we waited at a Mobil station for him. There were cops busting some people in the parking lot; drugs I'm guessing. Anyway, when we finally got back to the hotel we were all exhausted and pretty much just went to bed.

On Saturday I woke up and went into my mom and Aunt Patti's room and ate donuts for breakfast. We talked about what we should do that day, and decided on shopping. Sooo they found a mall, we all got ready, and we went. They had an AWESOME Forever21 there, which, coming from me, says something because I pretty much can't stand that store anymore. They played good music and it even seemed a little organized. It probably helped that it was huge. Now I feel like they should move the Forever21 in our mall to where JCPenney used to be. Or at least part of it. They need more space. Anyway, I got a dress, a shirt, a belt, a necklace and a jumper (which at the time I thought was a dress). My mom and Shaune got a bunch of stuff too. After that we found a Dippin' Dots VENDING MACHINE, so I got a cookie dough one and it was fabulous, and we walked around some more. They had a Disney store too, but I didn't get anything there. Toni got a Mater bag and stuffed "animal" haha. Then we found an American Eagle and just had to go in, because my mom is obsessed with that store these days, and I got a pair of pants for the concert seeing I only brought one pair for the weekend and wore them on Friday night.
We went to The 99 next to our hotel for dinner/lunch and it took a long. freaking. time. for our food, even though we all specifically ordered stuff that wouldn't take long. I could see the kitchen from my seat and kept watching plates leave and go to other tables, and I saw a plate of fries go up on the counter and then a waitress bit a fry, put it back on the plate, and slid the plate over so that nobody would take it out to a table by mistake. Come on! Feed the customers!
After that we went back to the hotel, got ready, and met the shuttle to bring us to the concert. When we got there it was eerily similar to last year. All of a sudden the sky was mostly blue, with a few clouds here and there, like TSwift herself pulled

that off, and we walked the same sidewalk to the stadium, only instead of getting our t-shirts in the hoard of people at the outside vendor, we went straight inside and got them where Toni and Aunt Patti got theirs last year. Got sodas and popcorn too, and then went to find our seats. SO MUCH BETTER THAN LAST YEAR.When we sat down, the sun was really hot. I mentally kicked myself for forgetting sunglasses this one time in my whole life. Eventually James Wesley came on and did 3 songs, then Randy Montana did 3, and then Needtobreathe came on and did 4 or 5-- during which the wave was started again. Just like last year. It finally started to get dark out, and then the lights turned off and the stage went dark and the crowd went wild and up comes TSwift, singing Sparks Fly. It was pretty awesome.

After the first song, she goes "Foxboro, Massachusetts, you have outdone yourselves!" in that I'm-so-excited-I-can-hardly-contain-myself voice that she has when she's talking to 50,000+ people, and continued to talk about how she can't believe this is her life, you know, the uzshe (is that how you'd spell it?). Anyway, here are the songs she did (probably not in this order though):
Sparks Fly, Mine, The Story of Us, Our Song, Mean-- it was so funny, she was thrown up from under the stage when the "mean" guy pulled a lever, flying at least 7 feet in the air, Back to December/Apologize/You're Not Sorry, Better than Revenge, Speak Now, Fearless, You Belong with Me, Last Kiss, Fifteen, Dear John, Enchanted, Haunted, Long Live, Love Story
My favorite parts of the whole night were obviously the parts where she was standing there in awe staring at the crowd, like last year, and the fireworks during Dear John [I considered that she might do that, but was not expecting it], and of course, Long Live. Seeing her perform that song live at the very place I suspect played a part in the inspiration for the song was just... unforgettable. She had tears in her eyes the same way I do every time I just hear that song. And

then I loved how genuinely happy she was at the end of the concert, after she sang Love Story (and came out over the audience "on a balcony in summer air") and was bowing and hugging her band and everything, I have never seen someone smile that big in my life. I got a few good pictures of it. It didn't seem like enough songs, considering she has 3 albums and the concert was 4 hours long and she only sang one song from her first album. I'm sure she had her reasons for not singing Tim McGraw, but I'm not sure I can squash this little bit of resentment I feel about it.
Either way, the concert was amazing. I loved the set so much more this year than last year. There were a lot of mystical trees and pretty lights and glitter that wasn't corny, and she wore dresses that weren't just sparkly. And I LOVED the fiberoptic-looking tree, even though my camera wouldn't take good pictures of it. I want one for my room.

Oh, I forgot to mention, it was pouring rain for most of the show. From the moment she started singing Fearless and said, "Something 'bout the way, the street looks when it's just rained." I swear, she is descendant from ancient Greek gods or something. The girl is pure magic. Rain! And she still came out, instead of just staying on the main stage under the roof. I didn't expect her to stay on stage, anyway. She's the kind of person who lives for dancing in the rain, and she gets to do it with 52,000 people who are there just to see her? Seriously, I just want to live her life for a day.


Needless to say, I will never forget that concert. Kind of like how she tweeted after the showing saying she'd never forget it, only I wasn't the person living out my dreams. I was just witnessing it, but when you're in an audience experiencing something with Taylor Swift, you become a part of it. It becomes a part of you. I don't even think words can describe it, but somehow she'll manage to find the exact ones and put it into song, and I'll think, "why didn't I think of that?!" even though I already know the answer: because I'm not Taylor Swift. Oh, how I always seem to have that fact rubbed in my face.

When it was over, I suddenly realized how cold I was, and we still had to walk all the way back to where the shuttle picks us up. And wait. And wait. And just like last year, we were the last ones to get picked up. Again. And there was another crazy lady throwing a fit because someone got in the van before her even though she had been "waiting a lot longer than them." Give me a break; the concert ended at the same time for all of us. Just because you booked it out of there, maybe even skipped the last song, does not give you the right to kick someone out of a van because you can't be bothered to stand in the rain for one more second. I just hate that moment when I'm shoved back into reality, where people are rude and selfish and obnoxious, after I've been living in the magical world created by TSwift, where people shine like fireworks and even heartbreak is beautiful in a depressing, saddest-song-in-the-world type of way, and love is a fascinating phenomenon rather than a word people throw around without considering its meaning.

Anyway. When we got back to the hotel we ate and watched TV and went to bed. Sunday we packed up, stopped at another crappy diner for breakfast, and hit the road again. Seriously someday we're going to find one of those diamond-in-the-rough diners, but it did not happen this time. I ordered one chocolate chip pancake, and it came out with about a quarter-stick of butter on top of it, melting and seeping through the whole thing, which was the size of the plate by the way. It was disgusting. I took the unmelted butter off and cut around the parts where it had already seeped in. I probably only ate 1/3 of the whole thing, but it tasted more like butter than chocolate and it was gross. Also the chocolate milk was all grainy, ick.
The ride home was pretty uneventful. I don't feel like writing about the rest of yesterday.
She had another show at Gillette Stadium yesterday, but I guarantee it was not as memorable as ours. Thank you, rain.

Song of the Day: Dear John.
When she sang "you paint me a blue sky, then go back and turn it to rain" she gave the audience a look that was like "ha, yep, you know what I'm talking about." It was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment