Sunday, March 25, 2012

30-Day TID Challenge

So, instead of making my Tumblr un-pretty and annoying all of my followers with this, I'm going to do the 30-day challenge in one blog post, which I will edit and change the date of every day.

Day 1: Favorite book of the series
I honestly didn't care about this series that much until this book came out. And I hope my favorite changes when Clockwork Princess comes out.
Day 2: Will or Jem?
I love them both. (...Will.)
Day 3: Favorite scene in Clockwork Prince
The infirmary. Tessa thinks she's dreaming about Will being totally lovable but SHE'S NOT. He really IS totally lovable.
Day 4: Favorite Will quote
This one is SO hard. I can't choose, so I'm just going to write a couple standouts:
"I promise to charm the dickens out of him. I shall charm him with such force that when I am done, he will be left lying limply on the ground, trying to remember his own name."
"I have important business to get to. I plan to sulk all afternoon, followed, perhaps, by an evening of Byronic brooding and a nighttime of dissipation."
And, of course, my favorite part of his explanation for loving Tessa: "You make me laugh. From the moment you hit me on the head with that bottle."
Day 5: Favorite antagonist
Gabriel Lightwood. To me it seems like the other ones don't really have much character. Also I love the banter between him and Will.
Day 6: Favorite poem excerpt
But now, you are twain, you are cloven apart,
Flesh of his flesh, but heart of my heart;
And deep in one is the bitter root,
And sweet for one is the lifelong flower
Day 7: Favorite song of Bridget's
'Twas on an evening fair I went to take the air,
I heard a maid making her moan;
Said, 'Saw ye my father? Or saw ye my mother?
Or saw ye my brother John?
Or saw ye the lad that I love best,
And his name it is sweet William?'
*evil chuckle* I love you, Bridget.
Day 8: Shadowhunter crush
Is this even a question?
I repeat: "Or saw ye the lad that I love best,
And his name it is sweet William?"
Day 9: Downworlder crush
There isn't really much choice in this one. So, um, Magnus.
Day 10: Any characters you relate with?
Tessa and Will because of how much they read. And especially Will, because he does that whole pretending-he's-a-fictional-character thing (only... he is a fictional character. Imagine how happy he'd be if he knew that!)
Day 11: Most hated character
The Dark Sisters. They're creepy little minions who are actually worse than the real villain, in my opinion.
Day 12: Favorite Tessa/Will moment
Aside from the infirmary, this one:
"That demon woman you were lounging with on the divan," said Will. "Would you call her a friend, or more of a business associate?"
Benedict's dark eyes hardened. "Insolent puppy--"
"Oh, I'd say she was a friend," said Tessa. "One doesn't usually let one's business associates lick one's face. Although I could be wrong. What do I know about these things? I'm only a silly woman."
Will's mouth quirked up at the corner.
Day 13: Favorite Tessa/Jem moment
Probably on Blackfriars Bridge back when they were just friends. And then the automatons attacked and Jem went all look-my-cane-is-a-sword. Jem doesn't get to do stuff like that very often.
Day 14: Reaction to the ending of Clockwork Prince
I was excited. Cecily intrigues me.
Day 15: Favorite pairing
Non-OTP: Will and Jem, OTP: Will and Tessa.
Now that I think of it, I also love the Will/Gabriel pairing just because of how hilarious these situations are. I would love it if they had to team up for something.
Day 16: How do you feel about Tessa's indecisiveness about the boys?
I mean, I get it... but it's a little melodramatic, if you ask me. It's obvious which one she has stronger feelings for, and I kind of wish she would just put herself first this one time.
Day 17: Cast Jem, Will and Tessa
(I'm doing these based on looks alone, because I have no actual knowledge of their acting abilities. And if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't think anyone was good enough to portray Will to my satisfaction.)
Jem: the guy on the CP cover or Eiji Wentz
Will: Nicholas Hoult
Tessa: I haven't really thought about it. All of the girls I've seen fancasted as Tessa are too old to play her (except for Georgie Henley, who just doesn't scream Tessa to me), so I'd probably pick an unknown.
Day 18: Would you like to see the books made into movies?
No, not really. I feel like nobody could do it right, and it would ruin the characters for people who haven't read the books, and it would become A Thing, and I don't want it to be A Thing. I don't want it compared to Twilight, or even TMI for that matter (these books really are so much better than TMI). They're books. Leave it.
Day 19: Which kind of Downworlder would you want to be?
Well according to thefandom.net, I am a warlock. Which is cool because I can do magic and stuff, and also I'm immortal. But it would be cool to be a faerie and get people to do what I want.
Day 20: Favorite Shadowhunter
Wiiiiiilllliam Herondale. If I haven't made that clear.
Day 21: Favorite Downworlder
Not many options on this one, so Magnus Bane. I like how he sees the good in Will and knows Tessa does too, and I like how he doesn't really care what anyone thinks of him (you might say he cares what Camille thinks of him, but he openly kisses Will in front of her, so it's not like he's ashamed of himself. At all.)
Day 22: Favorite character overall
Oh, gee, I wonder. It's a total mystery.
Day 23: If you could change one thing about the books, what would it be?
Believe it or not, I would not change the love triangle. If I could change one thing, the books would make me care more about the automatons/Magister stuff, because while that stuff is kind of interesting, I find I'm always anticipating the character/secondary plot things rather than the primary plot things.
Day 24: Favorite place
I honestly don't think I have one.
Day 25: Any predictions?
Oh, I have predictions. Conflicting predictions, contingency predictions, completely outlandish and unreasonable predictions, predictions that could actually happen. None of which I'm interested in saying, other than that Jem will probably die :( and that Tessa is part Shadowhunter.
Day 26: Who do you think suits Tessa more, Will or Jem?
Jem suits the practical, traditional side of her, but Will suits the side of her that makes her Tessa.
Day 27: Is there another character you'd prefer to see her with?
Now why would I want to complicate things more?
Day 28: Thoughts on Jessamine
Can't stand her.
Day 29: Cast the rest of the characters
Uhhhh, no.
Day 30: Would you become a Shadowhunter, if given the chance?
Only if I could have a cool last name with two words in it, a la Heron-dale, Car-stairs, Bran-well, Light-wood,...

No comments:

Post a Comment