Thursday, April 26, 2012

Infernal lives

This post is in response to this, in which my friend and I are given completely opposite lives as characters in the Infernal Devices. My life is fantastic, her life sucks. But I CAN FIX THIS!

Me:
Best friend: Charlotte
First kiss: Gabriel
First love: Will
Enemy: Jessamine
Going to kill me: duck
Going to marry: Will
This is very exciting. 
So, this is going to be a very interesting story when I get the chance to write it. I mean, I kiss Gabriel, then marry Will, and then a duck kills me. Poor Will (even in fantasy situations, I'm saying "poor Will." It's not fair).
UPDATE: Here is the story. I'm not writing it like an actual short story or anything, more like an explanation of why these relationships are the way they are.
Charlotte is my best friend because basically, she is the opposite of Jessamine. Which explains why Jessamine is my enemy, because I can't stand her. Can anyone really stand her? I mean, there's a reason why people say "even bloody Jessamine" when they're talking about Will protecting people from himself. Because it's kind of shocking that anyone, especially Will, would mind if she were to spontaneously cease living. Come to think of it, that would have been a great test for Will's curse-- let Jessamine care about him, and see if she dies. A lot of problems could have been avoided just by realizing that she wasn't going to die.
Which brings me to my next point-- my "first love." It is perfectly believable that Will would be my first love and that, even though I am strongly anti-marriage, I would marry him. Honestly, who would actually say no if he were to propose to them? Someone with no soul, maybe. But my love for Will has been complicated by his belief that anyone who loves him will die, which obviously caused him to push me away. And this is why I went and kissed Gabriel-- to make Will jealous. It worked, even though he couldn't admit it until he found out the curse wasn't real. And nobody ever saw Gabriel Lightwood again (until, see below). And we lived happily ever after.
Until, of course, Will's long-lost nemesis, Fletcher the Duck, came back with revenge on his mind. I mean, if you found out someone forced you to eat one of your own species (thereby turning you into a cannibal), you'd go after them too, right? Only going after Will was not enough for Fletcher the Duck. He wants Will to suffer the way he did when he found out he ate his little duck cousin, so he set his sights on me. We still don't know how he did it, but one thing is for sure: you can never trust a duck.

Kaitlin:
Best friend: Henry
First kiss: Jessamine
First love: Jessamine
Enemy: Jem
Going to kill me: Gabriel
Going to marry: Sophie
Her response: I’m cool with being Henry’s best friend because he is absolutely awesome and we’d have so much fun together trying not to blow everything up (by accident)!  But really?!  Jessamine?!  I can’t stand her!!  I think there may have been one scene when I liked her snarky personality, but then it was quickly replaced by her being really obnoxious!  I don’t want to have any sort of relationship with a girl who needs to be with a boy (and one I really want to kill) to feel complete!  I don’t know how Jem can be anyone’s enemy.  Although I would probably be my own enemy if I was in love with Jessamine.  Or maybe we don’t get along because I ship Will and Tessa.  Gabriel is a formidable opponent and I wouldn’t be too surprised if he killed me.  He probably killed me because I was really stupid.  I don’t deserve to live if I loved Jessamine.  I am not sure how I end up marrying Sophie, because Gabriel will already have killed me for loving Jessamine, but we’ll pretend that it is in the afterlife.  I’m actually not too upset by this.  As much as I would have preferred to marry a guy (*COUGH*WILL*COUGH*), Sophie was pretty cool.  Although I’m pretty sure she’d rather marry Thomas.
Well, obviously you couldn't have Will, because he's marrying *me* and he's not a polygamist ("Still, there are always some men like that - just one woman for them, and only she will do, or nothing."). BUT you can always tell your wife Sophie that you had promised to marry Jem (who was only your fake enemy because let's face it, Jem is not anyone's real enemy), the eligible bachelor, and she will divorce you because she is so protective of his heart. She'd rather marry Gideon anyway. And then you can marry Jem-- and maybe Jessamine will find out that Nate is dead and kill herself. I mean, not that I'm encouraging her suicide or anything... But anyway, we can live happily ever after, my best friend married to your best friend, my husband best friends with your husband-- until Gabriel pops in one day seeking revenge on Will with a plan to kill Jem [Will seems to have a lot of vengeful enemies], and you go all Shadowhunter warrior on him and kill each other at the same time. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment