Monday, May 7, 2012

Bored and Divergent



Divergent Questions

                 Have you finished Insurgent yet?

Yes, the day after it came out.

.                 Which faction do you admire the most? 

Abnegation. I could absolutely not tolerate being that selfless all the time, or being told I’m selfish if I do something like walk down the stairs too loudly or wear clothes that actually fit.

.                 Which faction do you think suits you the most? 

Erudite… but I honestly hate reading nonfiction/textbooks/boring things. Candor would probably make me happier because they’re good at reading people and I wouldn’t have to tell someone if I’m not in the mood to talk to them.

.                 If you had to create another faction, what would their trait be? 

Those with magical powers, obviously.

.                 How high would you rank in Dauntless initiation?                                                            

Well, I hate being outranked, and I’m built like Tris (and have an attitude like Four)— so I could play the whole “go ahead and underestimate me because I look like a little girl” card— so I have to say I’d force myself to be ranked high. Probably not highest though.

.                 Would you leave your family to join another faction? 

There are so many other factors to consider I can’t even answer this. Do I like my family’s faction? Is there one faction that’s calling my name and I’d do anything to join them? Do they expect me to pick faction over blood?

.                 If you got a tattoo in Dauntless what would it be and why? 

Um, I think the tattoo I already have is kind of Dauntless. “Long live the walls we crashed through” …yeah. If I had to get one that was like a picture or something, I’d maybe find some way to combine all the faction symbols into one picture, because I’m most definitely Divergent.

.                 What is your favourite book? 

People need to stop doing this to me. It’s a toss-up between The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay and The Fault in Our Stars. [And yes, I do read books that are not popular. But there’s a reason these ones are.]

.                 What do you look for in a book? 

Characters instead of people-who-things-happen-to, plot instead of a-bunch-of-things-happening, subtle messages instead of I’m-going-to-hit-you-over-the-head-with-this-theme, romance instead of insta-love, etc. You know, things that make a book good.

.                 What’s the most recent book you read for the first time, other than Divergent/Insurgent?

One Moment by Kristina McBride. 

.                 What do you hope will happen in the next book/the rest of Insurgent? 

I cannot wait to see the world outside Chicago. And I hope that Tris and Four stop fighting so much. And I want more of Tris on Amity medications, but I don’t think that will happen. sadface.

.                 Favourite Divergent character? 

I’m choosing from secondary characters because we all know that Tris and Four are fabulous. So… Peter, the sadistic pansycake. I love watching the crap he gets himself into, and how he makes up for it, and then how he gets himself into more crap. I may hate him, but I like his style (even though an eye for an eye means he’s going to be wearing an eyepatch soon).

.                 What would be in your fear landscape?

Um. Giant bugs/worms, and math problems that I can’t solve, and all of my favorite book characters dying (oh and my family too probably), and a room full of people expecting me to give a presentation or something.

.                 If you were Tris, would you stay with Four?

Uh, obviously

.                 What did you think was going to happen in Insurgent?

I didn’t really think about it. I knew there was going to be fighting between Erudite and Dauntless, and that Tris & co. would have to stay in Amity for a while, but that’s about it. 

.                 Favourite part of DIvergent?

The end. The end the end the end the end. And I don’t mean that in the same way that the end of Pandemonium was my favorite because finally something worthwhile happened— I mean that the end of Insurgent just TOTALLY AMPED UP EVERYTHING.

.                 Would you survive dauntless initiation?

I like to think so.

.                 What faction would you get in your aptitude test?

According to the one on Facebook, Candor.

.                 Who do you dreamcast as four?

Meh. I’m not big on fancasting. I like the Four in my head.

.                 Favourite quote from either divergent/insurgent?

“I am his, and he is mine, and it has been that way all along.” and “’That’s why you like me!’ I exclaim. ‘Because you’re not very nice either! It makes so much more sense now.’”  (I stole these from the person who took this before me)
also “‘We don’t need you as an ally,’ says Tori. ‘We’re Dauntless.” and “By the time the fight dies down, my clothes are more paint-colored than black. I decide to keep the shirt on to remind me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free.”

.                 Did you cry reading the books?

No… is that something that people do? They’re not really tearjerkers.

.                 Are you for or against having the books made into a movie?

Against. I don’t want to hear people comparing it to Twilight/The Hunger Games/whatever other series goes from book to movie. And there’s always that feeling of “but the characters are different in my head! I don’t want them to look like that!”

No comments:

Post a Comment