Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another 30-day challenge in one day

Skins 30-Day Challenge

So this is weird because I don't talk about Skins that much (I have mixed feelings about it), but I feel like doing this challenge will bring up some reasons why this show is actually worth watching, as opposed to the many reasons it's not.

Day 1 - Your favorite generation 
So far, generation 2. I can't really explain why... I think it's just that I like all of the G2 characters, whereas there were a couple G1 characters I couldn't really stand.

Day 2 - Your favorite character G1
Maxxie. I just saw someone on Tumblr say that Maxxie was their least-favorite G1 character because he's "flighty and one-dimensional," but I don't understand that at all. Maxxie was the only one who was always true to himself, and he didn't really care what anyone else thought of him. Even when his best friend was having a sudden case of homophobia, he stood his ground. He wasn't about to let their friendship die because of it, but he wasn't going to disown himself either.

Day 3 - Your least favorite character G1
Anwar and Sketch. I just can't stand Anwar and I absolutely hate Sketch.

Day 4 - Your favorite character G2
Freddie, aka the one with the most functional moral compass. Also, a winning I'm-so-disgusted-I-can't-even-look-at-you face.

Day 5 - Your least favorite character G2
Katie. I hate it when they try to make me care about what happens to her.

Day 6 - Your favorite character overall
I'm going to take this opportunity not to use either of the favorites I picked above, and say Effy. And it's not just because I have a think for emotionally screwed-up characters. It's because she cares so much about people that she almost can't handle it, so she acts like she doesn't care about anyone at all. But as Tony said, "You don't fool me, Effy Stonem."

Day 7 - Your favorite episode
"Effy," season 1 (keep in mind I haven't watched every episode yet; this was the first one that made me go all DKASD;FHADSFL)

Day 8 - Your least favorite episode
Possibly "Michelle" in season 2? It just made me uncomfortable, mostly.

Day 9 - Your favorite scene
Season 2, "Everyone," the Jal's speech/fireworks scene.

Day 10 - Something you hate about Skins
How trashy it is. Like, I get that it's not really supposed to be realistic so it's pointless for people to complain about how unrealistic it is, but does it have to be so trashy? It would be such a good show if people weren't constantly doing drugs or running around naked.

Day 11 - Your favorite quote from Skins
"You know, love's thoroughly overrated, Panda. I've never even had a girlfriend, and look how happy I am... In between minor psychological breakdowns." -JJ
[I can't really say this is my favorite favorite, but it's one of the only ones I remember, other than Cassie's "Oh wow... But, f-ck you" and Effy's "Nobody breaks my heart."]

Day 12 - Your favorite funny scene
The only one I can think of is when Effy found shrooms in the woods and Katie's all like MAHHH NO SHROOMS GUISE COME ON and then everyone else is like SHROOMS, WHO SAID SHROOMS? ahahaha OH and also in the S3 finale when the old lady is all mad at Freddie for giving up the race ahahaha

Day 13 - A scene that makes you sad/cry
In the first "Effy" episode when Tony finds Effy and then the guys take his clothes off and try to make him do things to her and he starts crying, and then later when he's telling Sid that he doesn't want to be a "wanker" hah, also when Chris dies and then Jal's speech at his funeral slkdfh;sdlafd

Day 14 - A scene that makes you happy
Strange that these are both Cook-related, but when Cook shows up when everyone's camping and he's like "Effy doesn't want me anymore, do you princess?" and also when his dad turns out to be a selfish jerk and keeps saying "I'm Cook!" and Cook is like "No, I'M Cook!" and pushes him off the boat ahahaha

Day 15 - A scene that makes you angry
Pretty much any scene with Katie.

Day 16 - Your favorite Skins finale
Season 2, hands down.

Day 17 - Your favorite Skins friendship
Tony/Sid and Cook/Naomi-- sorry, I seem to have trouble picking one of each answer.

Day 18 - Your favorite Skins romance
FREFFY

Day 19 - A whacky ship that you would love
Tony/Cassie ...I just feel like their crazies are about equal. They could understand each other.

Day 20 - Your favorite character entrance
They don't really have "entrances," do they? I mean, maybe Cassie because they talk about how crazy she is before we see her, but then we learn that she's not really crazy.

Day 21 - Your favorite minor character G1
Like I said, Maxxie.

Day 22 - Your favorite minor character G2
JJ

Day 23 - The character that is most like you
HAH absolutely none of them. But I'll go with Jal.

Day 24 - An episode you wish never happened
I haven't seen it yet, but the episode where Freddie dies. It's not okay.

Day 25 - Something that you wish happened but didn’t
It would be so interesting to see Tony meet Effy's friends.

Day 26 - Your favorite Skins fanvid
Don't watch fanvids

Day 27 - Your favorite cast picture
This one's pretty good I guess












Also this one because Maxxie what are you doing ahaha













Day 28 - Something you love about skins
The characters

Day 29 - Your favorite Skins fanfic
Don't read fanfics

Day 30 - Anything Skins related
Uh.... Tony Stonem is dating Katniss Everdeen. What.

No comments:

Post a Comment