Monday, July 30, 2012

Why, Magnus? WHY?

TID covers edit from tumblr. The Triangle of Misery.
This is going to keep happening until at LEAST next Spring, so I'm not even going to apologize anymore. I only have three followers on this blog anyway and I NEED SOMEWHERE TO TALK ABOUT THIS.

So, I just discovered this little extra (which is apparently in the Clockwork Angel paperback) called Magnus's Vow. Appropriately titled, I guess, seeing it's about his decision not to help Shadowhunters for free anymore-- considering how his heart was broken by Will's HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE TIMING and the fact that it was Magnus who led Will to allow himself to want things he couldn't have, etc. So I found some passages in this extra that made me squirm.
On the other side of Charlotte stood Jem, looking like a photographic negative himself with his silvery hair and eyes turned almost white; his hand rested on his jade dragon-topped cane, and his face was turned toward Tessa's- Tessa- Tessa's hat was in her hand and her long brown curls blew free, slightly blurred by their motion.   
There was a faint halo of light around Will: as befitted his nature and would have surprised no one who'd known him, he had not been able to stand still for the photograph. As always, he was hatless, his black hair curling against his temples. It was a loss not to be able to see the color of his eyes, but he was still beautiful and young and a little vulnerable-looking in photograph, with one hand in his pocket an the other behind his neck. 
First, I knew it was going to be this way. Magnus saves Will for last-- and I can't help but feel like that makes Will more important. Because Magnus is important. Also, a freaking HALO OF LIGHT around him?!?! I would like to know where he is looking. I know Jem is looking at Tessa, but *ahem* I need more information here.
Magnus looked at Tessa again. Thought she was not conventionally pretty in the way Jessamine had been pretty, her face was alive with energy an intelligence. Her lips curved up at the corner. She stood, as Magnus supposed was appropriate, between Jem and Will. Tessa. Tessa, who like Magnus, lived forever. Magnus looked at the detritus in the box-memories of love past, some of whose faces stayed with him as clearly as the day he'd first seen them, and some whose name he barely remembered. Tessa, who like him, had loved a mortal, someone destined to die as she was not.
dlkfajsdflkj;askdjfh;ds WHAT WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHICH ONE? And did this person fulfill their supposed destiny to die?! Or are you tricking us and talking about her brother/cousin/traitor Nate, who did die?!
Oh, and I guess I should say something about "She stood, As Magnus supposed was appropriate, between Jem and Will." I mean, I guess it's appropriate, because they both love her, but it's also not appropriate, because she doesn't want to come between them and we don't even know if she has the ability to do so. That's kind of the whole problem.
Knowing Will and his friends had made Magnus swear to himself that he would never again get involved in Shadowhunters' personal business. Because when you got to care about mortals, they broke your heart.
1. "Will and his friends" ahahaha. 2. Magnus, stop giving me Will feels. They are the kind of feels I am least equipped to manage. 3. At the same time, I also kind of love how much Magnus's heart broke for Will even though they weren't romantically involved. Heck, they barely even knew each other before Will went to him for help. And yet it was enough for Magnus to make a lifelong vow (which is very long, considering he is immortal) to himself never to help Shadowhunters personally again. *melts into puddle* *worries about restraining self from reading ahead in CP2*

Speaking of which, I'm going to have to come up with a plan to perform such restraint when I finally get my hands on this book. It's going to be a challenge like no other, because NOT ONLY could I read the last chapter and find out what happens, but there's going to be a family tree in the back of the book that I could look at and figure out how everyone is related, which would also be spoilerific. I'm seriously conflicted just thinking about it, and it doesn't come out until MARCH. What am I going to do when it's been 15 months since Clockwork Prince and finally, right in front of me, I have a chance to KNOW once and for all how it all goes down?!

No comments:

Post a Comment