Friday, December 16, 2011

I can't seem to stop writing this week.

So, this blogging artist, Semini Blocker, has drawn three characters from two of my favorite books, and I am very excited about them. 
Ladies (because let's face it, there are no guys reading my blog. Especially not this one), meet Cricket Bell. The boy next door of Lola and the Boy Next Door, he's the Stephanie Perkins character I love the most. And this is exactly what he should look like (though, of course, I pictured him less cartoony). The pants with the stripe that are too short on him. Fashionable, though not obnoxiously so. Rubber bands on his wrists. Those blue eyes-- "There's something about blue eyes. The kind of blue that startles you every time they're lifted in your direction. The kind of blue that makes you ache for them to look at you again. Not the blue green or blue gray, the blue that's just blue. Cricket has those eyes." And even the star drawn on his hand, except you can't see it with the picture this small. I won't give it away, but the star on his hand is for Lola. And that HAIR, oh my god the hair. I mean, his hair isn't really that prominent in the book, but most definitely ^^ that is what it should look like. Brava, Semini.

These are Tris and Christina from Divergent, and I have to say this is not actually how I pictured them. It's better. For some reason I have never pictured Tris as such a bad*ss before. I knew her hair was blonde and her eyes were blue, but I never pictured them as being so dramatic. I love this version so much more than the one I had in my head-- except I think Tris is probably supposed to be more average-looking. I knew Christina had darker skin, but I never pictured it that dark either. But it doesn't really matter. I like these pictures, even if technically Tris is supposed to be shorter. I love the tattoos on her collarbone, and the fact that they're both (obviously) wearing black for Dauntless, and Christina's looking ready to fight someone, because she's from Candor and you know how scrappy honest people can be. Dear Semini, I want one of Four! And also St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss. And also Will Herondale. And also Alaska Young. Okay, now I'm getting demanding. Sorry, but they are SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment